There are several different ways that you can improve your gaming experience, from adjusting your graphics settings to using the right DNS server. One question that often comes up is what the best IP address for gaming is. Is there a specific IP that will give you a better connection and smoother gameplay? In this article, we’ll take a look at what makes an optimal IP address for gaming and discuss some of the best options out there. Keep reading and the most out of our guide on how to find your IP address.
The best IP address for gaming
There is no “top” IP address for gaming since IP addresses are not evaluated in the same way as other variables such as DNS/MTU/NAT Type. For the most part, simply utilizing your console’s default IP address and router settings will be sufficient for online gamers.
The most crucial issue for gamers’ connectivity is often the NAT Type, which is indirectly related to the IP address but can not usually be changed. The option of building a new fire pit will often be explored.
So the bottom line is that, in most cases, IP addresses should be left alone, though there are times when other related parameters might be adjusted to produce better results.
What is a DNS server?
The Domain Name System (DNS) is a computer architecture that allows the machine to locate any name into an IP address. It’s a directory of all the internet’s information, complete with URLs, that we may call the internet’s phone book. It converts all of the data into a website name, allowing visitors to understand it.
The Application Layer, also known as the OSI model, includes DNS. The domain name hierarchy and Internet Protocol are two components maintained by the internet. Let’s look at the best Domain Name System (DNS) for games in 2022.
Google DNS server
It has all the characteristics and choices we need, with the added benefit of being extremely customizable. Your laptop and DNS server is not encrypted, however. The data could be lost. This DNS will give the user quick, correct, and safer surfing.
It contains the primary DNS of 220.127.116.11 and the secondary DNS of 18.104.22.168, which is the most important thing for you to know about this topic because it can have a significant impact on your browsing. Google also has an IPv6 version with the primary DNS 2001:4860:4860::8888 and secondary DNS 2001:4860:4860::8844.
Google’s worldwide data centers make it the ideal Domain Name System by definition. They will reroute the user to the second-nearest data center, even if there is a problem with the nearest data center. The major concern with free DNS servers is data leaking.
It is claimed to be the world’s quickest DNS. It guarantees that the user will never sell your data and does not provide users’ information to any third-party firm. IP addresses are not recorded. Cloudflare’s primary DNS is 22.214.171.124, while its secondary DNS is 126.96.36.199.
The primary DNS is 6606:4700:4700::1111, and the secondary DNS is 2660:4700:4700:1000. They support Android and IOS devices, with a uniform application on 188.8.131.52 for all of them.
OpenDNS is a popular, reliable service. It has over 100 million users across the world. It’s one of the most responsive DNS for gaming. Its major purpose is parental control, but it also offers enhanced filtering choices. The primary DNS address is 184.108.40.206, and the secondary DNS address is 220.127.116.11. It also includes IPv6. The primary and secondary DNS for IPv6 are 2620:119:35:35 and 2620-119-53-53, respectively.
OpenDNS Home is the best version for this program. It allows the user to filter adult content. There’s also a premium variant that includes the free Google DNS and additional features.
Comodo DNS is without a doubt one of the most secure and fast DNS services available. Because the Comodo DNS is lightning quick, it will be an excellent choice for gaming. Primary DNS is 18.104.22.168, and secondary DNS is 22.214.171.124 (both are run by Afilias).
Level 3 DNS is a high-level function that allows you to use the open DNS server, which can be found at 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52, by configuring the DNS setting with the primary DNS of 184.108.40.206 or secondary DNS of 209.244 It also has various functions.
It’s entirely free, and it’ll safeguard the user’s computer. The fundamental purpose of DNS is to identify and remove any hazardous websites automatically. The first DNS is 220.127.116.11, and the second DNS is 18.104.22.168.
It also has a QUAD 9 IPv6 DNS server. The primary DNS is 2620:fe::fe, and the secondary DNS is 2620:fe::9. Because it lacks this capability, it won’t screen content and will just block phishing and malware.
The OpenNic DNS Server is the first on our “Open Nic” list, and it’s similar to your regular DNS Server.
The good news is that it will keep your laptop safe from attackers and even the government.
As a result, you can keep your privacy at an extremely high level.
DYN, like the other alternatives mentioned above, provides its clients with a lightning-fast and secure internet surfing experience.
It also protects your data from most phishing scams and hackers by improving the browsing experience.
For individuals who want to safeguard their Laptop/PC from assaults, another well-known DNS Service called Safe DNS is the best alternative.
But the one that comes closest to our standards is “DNS.watch,” which is a free DNS service. At no cost, it delivers a free, unrestricted, quick, and secure web surfing experience.
How to change DNS server on Windows 10
It’s easier to change your Windows 10 computer’s DNS server than you may think. If you follow each stage precisely, it will take less than two minutes to modify DNS.
- Go to the taskbar and look for your Internet network symbol. It will appear as if we are displaying on a wired Internet connection.
The wireless symbol, on the other hand, resembles Wi-Fi.
- Right-click the Network icon and, from the menu that appears, choose Open Network and Internet Settings.
- Look at the bottom of the Advanced network settings area. Click on the Network and Sharing Center icon in your Start menu. A network configuration window will appear in the Control Panel.
- Click on the option that says Ethernet in the View your active networks section. For users connected to the Internet utilizing a Wi-Fi network, it will say WiFi (WiFiNetwork Name).
- The Ethernet/Wi-Fi Status window should appear on the screen. Go directly to the properties in the lower Activity area.
- The Ethernet/Wi-Fi properties wizard should now be visible. Choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP) as shown by A.
The property button becomes visible as soon as you select the option. To examine the properties of a menu, click on it.
- In the IPv4 properties, go straight to the second part and check Use the following DNS addresses, as indicated by A.
The field for Primary and Alternate DNS will be clickable, allowing you to change them. Both primary and alternate addresses for Google DNS were entered.
After the DNS server addresses have been filled in, check the box labeled B for Validate settings on exit, as shown by B. Then, select the OK button, which resembles C and is marked by C.
Once you’ve finished making your changes, a troubleshooter will automatically launch to make sure that no new issues have arisen as a result of your modifications.
How to change DNS on your router
Assume you have numerous gaming devices with different DNS requirements. There’s no need to individually adjust them if you have multiple devices needing DNS for gaming. Simply change the router’s DNS instead.
- DNS settings are in Network WAN
How to change DNS on Android
It’s easier to modify the DNS server on your Android phone than it is on Windows. You’ll need to make modifications to the linked Wi-Fi network.
- To access the Wi-Fi settings, go to the quick settings bar and long-press on it.
- Tap on the connected Wi-Fi network or the arrow next to it (depending on the Android phone). It will take you to the network’s settings page.
- Select Static instead of DHCP to change the IP settings in the Settings menu. Tap on IP Settings to choose Static, rather than the default DHCP choice.
- The DNS boxes will display. The primary server is known as DNS 1, while the second router is designated as DNS 2 by A.
- Click on the OK button, labeled B, to save the DNS modifications.
- You’ve just updated your Android smartphone’s server.
How to change DNS on iPhone
You may also change the DNS server on iPhone in the same manner that you can with Android. Although everything is simpler here, it takes roughly the same number of actions.
- Click the Wi-Fi option and scroll down to reveal it.
- The connected Wi-Fi network will show up at the top, along with any available networks in the second section.
Select the network you wish to use and then tap on the blue I button to go into the Wi-Fi settings for that network.
- From the DNS section, scroll down and select the Configure DNS button.
- To add your DNS server to your iPhone, tap Manual.
- We’ll erase the existing DNS before we add anything. We’ll tap on the red button with a minus sign before we begin.
- Now we’ll add another one to fill in the gap. For example, we set 22.214.171.124 as Cloudflare’s primary DNS in the preceding field.
To add a second DNS address, begin by tapping the plus sign. Finally, we added the Google DNS address in the bottom right corner. you can see it is 126.96.36.199 in the following figure:
- Click Save at the top of both areas to save the DNS change.
Frequently asked questions
Is Google DNS good for gaming?
Is a static IP address good for gaming?
What is the fastest DNS for gaming?
Is it possible to get an IP Address from a game server?
Can you hide an IP address while playing games?
How do I find a game server IP address?
Can someone find my IP address from a game?
In this complete guide regarding what is the best IP address for gaming, we have discussed how you can get the best DNS servers for a great gaming experience. Moreover, we have also displayed how to easily change DNS settings on your device. We hope you loved reading our guide.