Do you want to change the IP address for gaming purposes? Whether you’re conscious about online security or trying to access blocked content from abroad, a new IP address is very useful. In this article, we’ll show you how to change the IP addresses for gaming, unblocking websites, and more.
Note: If you are having a hard time finding Your IP addresses then look at this article “how to find your IP address“.
How to use a Virtual Private Network on PS5 and PS4
Unfortunately, the PS Store does not include VPN software. You are not without options, however; you may use proxy software to unblock access. But what if we could use these services in new, innovative ways? We must be better innovative regarding how we utilize these services. Here are 3 methods to use a Virtual private network on your PS 5 and PS4 in order to change the IP address for gaming:
Procedure 1: Configure a trusted VPN on your router
If you connect any device to your network while using a VPN software on your routing device (wifi), it will automatically encrypt all of them. You may use a router as many times as you want since it only matters as 1 device. That said, it’s not as simple as installing an app; each router maker has its control panel.
The promising information is that the most prominent VPN services will give precise, instruction-by-instruction process for installing their service on Tomato, OpenWrt, and DD-WRT routers. Simply call customer care if you’re having difficulties: they have dealt with similar issues on a daily basis and would be better than pleased to assist you.
Procedure 2: Sharing VPN connection through your PC
You could either connect to a VPN on your computer or laptop, then run an Ethernet cable directly to your PS console if you have one. It’s not a graceful explanation, but it’ll do in a pinch. You’ll be asked to Type in your VPN credentials on macOS and Windows. Here’s how to connect your VPN on macOS and Windows:
- Install your preferred VPN software on your PC and connect to it.
- Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to the rear of your PC (or laptop) and the other end to the PS4 or PS5.
- Open Control Panel followed by Network and Internet then Network and Sharing Center and On the left-hand side of the window, click Change Adapter Settings.
- Select a connection from the drop-down menu. Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Ensure that ‘Let different network users link through this computer’s internet connection’ is checked on the Sharing tab.
- Select the option for Home Networking Connection and, from the drop-down menu, choose your internet connection. If your PC only has a single Ethernet port, you will need to connect it via Wi-Fi.
- On your PS4, navigate to Settings then Network Settings followed by Set Up Internet Connection, Select the Connect using a LAN Cable option and then finish by choosing the Easy connection method. On PS5, navigate to Settings then Network then Set Up Internet Connection. Your Ethernet connection will be automatically scanned and configured.
- If everything went correctly, your console must now be linked to the internet via a VPN as a result of this.
Another alternative is to utilize a Mac and an Ethernet connection if you have both available. Ensure that your Mac has an Ethernet connector and Wi-Fi, and is close enough to your console.
- Oh, and if you haven’t already, sign up for a VPN provider – we’ve got a list of the best Mac VPNs if you need assistance.
- Install the VPN software of your choice.
- Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to your Mac PC and the other to the console.
- Navigate to System Preferences then Sharing and select Internet Sharing from the list on the left-hand side.
- Select Wi-Fi from the drop-down menu labeled ‘Transfer your link from.’
- Check Ethernet to be sure that it is selected from the ‘To computers using the list.
- To share your internet connection, check the box to the left of Internet Sharing on the list, and confirm your choice if prompted. If the operation was successful, a green symbol will be displayed.
- On your Mac, open the VPN software and connect to the server of your choice.
- On your PS4, go to Settings then Network Settings then Set Up Internet Connection followed by Connect via a LAN cable, and pick the Simple connection mode. Connect to your wireless network and enter the credentials. This will manually connect your Ethernet connection and perform a comprehensive scan.
- When needed, select “Never Use Proxies.”
You may now test your internet connection if you wish, and if everything has gone smoothly, your console should be linked to the internet via a VPN.
Procedure 3: Try smart DNS
If you only like to access blocked streaming platforms on your PlayStation 5 and 4 and don’t mind encrypting your information, a Smart DNS function may be a good option for you. This isn’t something that every VPN offers, while those that permit you to begin streaming.
Here’s how to utilize a Smart DNS function on the PlayStation5:
- Select View Connection result after first visiting your PlayStation’s network settings. That’s where an IP address comes into play. Create a memo of it in case you forget later on.
- On your computer, go to your VPN’s website and search for a Smart DNS choice on the control panel.
- If you’re not sure what settings are available, look for a button that says “Activate IP address.” Type in your PS5’s IP address in the field. You’ll receive two numerical addresses: a primary DNS and a secondary DNS. Make notes of these details.
- Go back to your PS5’s network settings and choose your link, then Advanced Settings, then DNS Settings. Now you’ll be capable to join the main and secondary DNS addresses that you previously had access to.
- After you’ve completed the task, you must be capable to access famous online services such as Netflix US. If your VPN service isn’t working, call their customer care staff for assistance.
How to select the finest VPN for PS5 and PS4?
When purchasing a virtual private network (VPN) for your PS 5 system, there are a few unique factors to consider. In addition, for optimum performance, you’ll require fast-speed servers with low delay connections. Because the PS5 can’t install programs directly, it’s a suitable idea to pick one that may be established on your network. The following are the most significant criteria we sought when selecting a PS5 or PS4 VPN:
- Execution: If you have a slow Internet connection, it will be painful for you. We only suggest VPNs that met or exceeded our current speed tests because they eliminate lag, disconnections, etc.
- Backed nations: The more additional nations a VPN server is located in, the more possible it is to have a server within close proximity. Latency plays a significant role in competitive online matches, and this helps to reduce it. An extensive network also allows you to limit who you enjoy if the game you choose does not enable you to move locations.
- Unblocking capabilities: Many video games and applications are restricted to a certain region or just obtainable in distinct countries.
- Privacy security: Sadly, not all the players are trustworthy.
- User-friendliness: We want VPNs that are as simple to use as possible. we’re looking for those that can be installed quickly on routers as well, which isn’t just about having clean and uncluttered applications.
In addition to the server loopholes we’ve mentioned, NordVPN and ExpressVPN both provide custom router firmware, which makes installation easier. It also includes MediaStreamer, a Smart DNS service that works with popular streaming services like Netflix. Users may instantly switch this function on and off from the router software, allowing for more flexibility. This VPN, which has 3,000+ servers in 90+ countries, provides a lot of alternatives and ensures a fast, dependable connection.
On the other hand, ExpressVPN uses its own custom firmware that makes setting up your router a breeze.
NordVPN is ideal for gaming because it is by far the quickest VPN we’ve ever reviewed. It’s a fantastic VPN for online gaming, with more than 5,000 servers in 60 countries and great unblocking capabilities. It’s also an excellent option for streaming since it has over 5,000 servers in 60 locations.
The company’s main app, which is free to download, allows you to monitor all of your devices simultaneously. It also includes a CyberSec feature that removes advertisements and malware automatically. NordVPN is a zero-log service, which means it has no access to or control over your data. This VPN also offers comprehensive router installation instructions, as well as 24/7 live chat support.
Users of NORDVPN can install the OpenVPN software themselves on certain routers, or download applications for iOS, Windows, macOS, Android, and Linux.
Does VPN affect your gaming experience?
Although many people have no idea what a VPN is, there are several benefits to utilizing one while gaming. The major benefit of utilizing a virtual private network while gaming and it improves your security. For example, if you utilize a gaming server operated by someone else, they would be unable to view your actual IP address. Because the VPN system is decentralized, it also prevents you from being affected by DDoS attacks. Because anything less than an industrial-level assault would be immediately recognized and ignored by the VPN’s vast network, this protects you against DDoS assaults as well.
A VPN might even help you play with players from all over the globe rather than just people in your own country. Although no Virtual private networks will have a 100 percent effect on your internet speed, the most significant suppliers should be quick sufficiently for smooth gaming.
Best VPNs for PS5 and PS4
There are a variety of reasons to use a PlayStation 5 VPN. You may also use a VPN to watch Netflix from remote locations around the world, access region-specific in-game events, or change regions and see what’s available in other countries’ Netflix libraries. A VPN, on the other hand, will not allow you to change your PSN region since this is controlled by the country in which you created your PlayStation account.
How do virtual private networks (VPNs) operate? They disguise your IP address by connecting you to a server in another country. Because most geo-restricted platforms rely on this to figure out where you are, simply selecting a server in the correct country is enough to access region-locked content. Another significant advantage of these services is that they encrypt your data, keeping it hidden from your ISP and other network monitors.
Are you looking for the quickest way to get a VPN? We’ve included a brief overview of the finest PlayStation 5 VPNs below. Please feel free to scroll down for a more in-depth evaluation of any item that catches your attention.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use a free VPN with my PS5?
Is IPv6 better for gaming?
Does IPv6 affect gaming?
Does changing your IP address do anything?
Does resetting your router change your IP address?
Is changing an IP address dangerous or illegal?
Can you change your IP address location?
We believe you loved reading our guide on how to change the IP address for gaming! In this guide, we have covered a lot of new details and methods through which you can use a VPN on your gaming console, for instance, PS5 and PS4. We have covered some VPN configuration settings through which you can use VPN on your gaming consoles for a protected and seamless experience.