An IP address is also known as an Internet protocol address, that identifies your iPhone’s IP address or any other ios device that you use for browsing online. Furthermore, this article describes how to change the IP address on iPhone if you want to change it for some reason to get a new one.
How to Change the IP Address on iPhone (renew the lease)
Below are the steps to get a new IP address from your routing device.
- Open your Settings application and then tap Wi-Fi.
- Available network connection list will appear and the one connected to your device has a blue mark. Tap the small icon Information (i) for further details.
- Now tap Renew Lease twice to get a new IP address as shown below.
How to enter a Static IP Address on the iPhone
For changing the IP address manually on an Apple’s mobile device follow the below-mentioned steps to enter a static IP address.
- Open the Settings app and tap the Wi-Fi option.
- You will see an array of networks. Press the small (I) icon.
- Now, Tap Configure IP, and finally, Tap Manual.
- Enter the new static IP address and other details.
How to change the IP address on iPhone with VPN
Mainly the (virtual private network) VPN app assigns your device a different IP address every time you connect to its servers. While using a VPN app you can get a number of different IP addresses. We got to know about some famous VPN service providers that you can rely on that work well on all operating systems like Windows, Mac, Android, etc. Keep reading if you want to change the IP address on your iPhone.
Usage/features and what you must know about a VPN
Getting the IP addresses from a different region is not pretty difficult these days. All you need is a reliable VPN that doesn’t spy on your browsing history and can let you change your IP address anytime you want. These top-notch VPN services provide IP addresses from different countries like the United Kingdom (UK), Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
Things you should know.
Features and details of the trusted VPN providers.
Please check the list of well-known VPN providers for business or personal use.
ExpressVPN is a great and award-winning VPN provider that offers reliable service – including fast network connection speeds, user-friendly software, and solid customer support. The company has over 3,000 servers.
One of the service’s distinguishing features is its power to unblock geo-restricted streaming platforms. These include Netflix, Fox, Sky, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and more.
ExpressVPN boasts military-grade level encryption, and it is among the most reliable security frameworks available. The 256-bit AES CBC and HMAC authentication protect your data from being pilfered, and state-of-the-art forward secrecy prevents your past sessions of yours from being exposed.
ExpressVPN also includes a ‘network lock’ (kill switch), which guarantees that your internet gets cut.
It allows its users to watch movies, and enjoy other content from abroad. It offers its apps for a variety of systems, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS.
ExpressVPN USA server list
NordVPN has hundreds of servers all over the globe. Which means a global network in 60+ countries. Their service is super reliable and fast. This is the perfect solution for those wanting a public IP address from any country.
They’re also one of the few providers that allow their customers to specifically choose how they want to access content, including streaming TV,anti-DDoS attacks, ultra-safe privacy measures, and more.
Encryption is robust by default. NordVPN uses a 256-bit AES protocol with 2,048-bit SSL as well as DNS protection to ensure your digital footprint stays hidden. Due to the ample amount of servers a user can change IP addresses in no time.
NordVPN server list
Holidaymakers or people living abroad often want an IP address from their respective home country in order to access the geo-restricted content or for banking services. A VPN plays a significant role in this scenario as it hides your real IP address and assigns a temporary IP address.
Talking about SurfShark has servers all over the world to provide better performance to its users while surfing the internet and because of that users can get a lot of IP addresses for business or personal use. It provides 256- bit AES encryption and security against DNS leaks.
SurfShark VPN server list
Tor for iOS users
Tor browser has been poorly represented on iOS in the past, which is mostly attributed to system irregularities with the iOS platform. However, even though there is a version of Firefox for iOS, it cannot fully function as a result of several restrictions and obstacles placed by Tor developers.
To make it work on iOS, it must be compiled into the app binary and hacked to run as a thread inside your app process. Additionally, it doesn’t have any system-wide applications like Orbot does on Android.
Some privacy advocates have noted that iOS users are at a disadvantage because its browser bundle does not currently work on the platform, and apps can’t use Tor when they are in the background. Below is the pictorial demonstration of how this browser works.
It encrypts your online activity and protects the same IP address you have been assigned by the ISP. For more information regarding how to find your IP address and how to change your IP address then keep reading!
After solving the problem of getting the Tor web Browser to run, several quirks prevent our browser from having its full functionality.
- Since Onion Browser sits on top of Chrome’s WebKit framework, it is not able to implement a custom browser engine like Orfox or Tor can.
- Older WebKit APIs (UIWebView) allow you to control your SOCKS settings for the browser stack and configure it to use Tor, but newer frameworks (WKWebView) don’t have this functionality.
- The WebKit API is limited in its ability to shape or execute elements, making a Tor web Browser-style slider for security difficult. The multimedia features of iOS also bypass the browser’s network stack, making it harder to keep your browsing secure. Onion browser provides some help for blocking scripts and multimedia content on iOS, but there are still limitations.
Protect your iPhone with proxies(setup proxy server)
If you want to protect your personal data and hide your iPhone’s IP address then do not go for free-of-cost proxies that steal your confidential data. Always prefer paid proxies having a robust and secure proxy server as it helps you in changing your IP address. A proxy server assigns you a new anonymous IP address to safeguard your location and online identity.
Proxies let you access websites and content anywhere in the world without any restriction. iPhones or ios devices on the other hand let users replace their IP address with a different one in less than a minute to protect confidential data from hackers and help you remain anonymous. With a paid subscription a proxy server can let you choose data center proxies or residential proxies without any connection limit.
iPhone proxy settings:
- Navigate to your iPhone settings app.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi option (wi-fi network settings).
- Tap on the (i) info icon it will take you to the next screen.
- Scroll down and select configure the proxy.
- Tap Manual
- Change your proxy settings like: (Server – us.abc.com, Port – 10101. Add your Username and Password and activate authentication if the IP address isn’t whitelisted.
- Finally, move back to the wi-fi selection window to save the changes you have made in the settings app.
IP Address types and details
Frequently asked questions
What VPN app should I use on my iPhone?
Is it safe to have a VPN on iPhone?
How do I change my IP address on my iPhone with cellular data?
How do I get a new IP address for my iPhone?
- Tap on settings.
- Navigate to wi-fi.
- Next to the name of wi fi your device is currently connected to, there is a blue i icon, tap that.
- Tap on the static tab.
- In the IP address field enter your new IP address.
How can I change my IP address on my iPhone without VPN?
Can you change IP address on iPhone?
Where do I find my iPhone hotspot IP address?
- Open your settings application.
- Navigate to wi-fi.
- Under the list of available networks.
- You must be able to see the name of the iPhone hotspot and the IP address.
How can I change my IP address on my iPhone for free?
How do I hide my iPhone IP address?
- Go to settings.
- Tap on Safari.
- Scroll down and look for the privacy and security section.
- Finally, tap on the hide IP address option.
Should I hide IP address on my iPhone?
No matter what device you use we’re pretty sure people often think of changing the IP address to access the content not available in their country. We have discussed a number of possible ways to change the IP address on an iPhone and other Apple devices. Hopefully, this guide about “how to change the IP address on iPhone” will help iPhone users and people who admire the Apple ecosystem.