The majority of people living outside Japan want to watch Japanese TV online. The top-rated shows on TV Tokyo, NHK, and other major Japanese stations.
However, what if you don’t have a Japanese IP address? Is it true that you can no longer watch your favorite shows? Don’t worry! This article will explain how to get a Tokyo IP address in Australia and which VPNs are compatible with it so that you may access any channel from anywhere in the globe.
The most straightforward way to get a Japanese IP address is to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN). A virtual private network (VPN) allows you to watch foreign streaming services such as Netflix that are geo-blocked.
Use a VPN to access the Japanese Netflix library, according to ExpressVPN. If you want to watch geo-restricted TV stations outside of Japan, you’ll need a Japanese IP address. If you want to learn more regarding how to find your IP address on all devices then read our full guide.
How to get a Tokyo IP address in Australia
You can quickly change your IP address by utilizing a VPN. We’ll show you how to create a VPN account so that you may visit any of your favorite platforms from anywhere in the globe. You may acquire an IP address from Tokyo Japan from any place in the globe by following these four simple procedures:
- To begin, subscribe to a proper VPN (we suggest ExpressVPN).
- On every device, you use daily, install the VPN software. Typically, you can have up to five connections at once, but this differs from one provider to provider.
- Connect to any of your Luxembourg VPN servers. You’ll be given an IP address from Japan (Tokyo), making it appear as though you’re there.
- Finally, attempt to access a geo-blocked service from Tokyo. You will be able to access it as you normally would. If it doesn’t work clear your cache and browser cookies.
Short on time?
Do you want to know what the best VPNs are for getting a Tokyo IP address in Australia in no time? A concise overview of each is given below, but we’ll go through them in greater depth later. Using the Best VPNs to Get a Tokyo Japanese IP Address:
- ExpressVPN: Our top pick for Tokyo. User confidentiality is a priority, yet the software does not sacrifice performance or unblocking capability. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: The most cost-effective method to get a Tokyo IP address in America. It has several security measures and consistent speeds, and the strength to unblock any kind of foreign service.
- Surfshark: Diamond provides a quick, safe, and dependable service. It sets you apart by enabling you to link all of your gadgets together.
Things you must know about a VPN
Every virtual private network is unique, in terms of security, speed, and network capacity. However, rather than focusing on the specifics, you’d be better off picking a flexible virtual private network that can manage anything you force at it. To guarantee that’s precisely what you get, we’ve suggested assistance with the other features:
- Must have servers in Tokyo Japan.
- Has secure and high-speed servers.
- Great encryption methods to keep your identity hidden.
- Must be easy to use.
- Apps for iOS, Windows, Android, and macOS.
Best VPNs for getting a Tokyo (Japnese) IP address
We’ll compare the best VPNs for getting an IP address in Tokyo on this page. Keep reading to find out which VPNs are the most effective for getting a Japanese IP address:
With servers in over 160 locations, ExpressVPN provides access to a huge number of IP addresses. More precisely, there are about 3000 plus servers in almost 95 different locations in the world. ExpressVPN also has VPNs in Tokyo.
One of the main benefits of using ExpressVPN is that you will get extremely quick speeds, which are typically faster than those offered by other VPNs. It’s ideal for streaming when combined with unrestricted bandwidth and constant unblocking. An amazing choice for someone in a need of Tokyo IP address in Australia.
You’ll find that the VPN has a lot of servers in popular locations throughout Europe like Switzerland, Latvia, and Germany. You’ll also appreciate its strong encryption standards, which are similar to those used by ExpressVPN’s rivals. It’s also worth noting that this VPN has a lot of servers in popular European countries including Switzerland, Latvia, and Germany.
It’s because it uses a dedicated automated kill switch, 256-bit AES encryption, and protects your devices from IPV6, WebRTC, and DNS leaks. It also doesn’t record any data that could be used to identify you.
Use ExpressVPN’s apps for Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and Linux to acquire an IP address for Tokyo in the USA. Firefox and Chrome browser plugins are also accessible, as well as custom firmware for wi fi routers.
NordVPN is a popular VPN that has over 5,500 servers in 60 locations worldwide. These are dispersed across 60 countries with the most being in Japan. With fast servers in Tokyo and limitless bandwidth, this VPN is ideal for streaming and downloading as well as surfing.
It works with a variety of worldwide streaming platforms, including Netflix, HBO MAX, BBC iPlayer, and Hulu. Undoubtedly, a great choice for content creators who use the Tokyo IP addresses in Australia for their work needs.
This VPN offers exceptional customer service, with live email and chat available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The apps are simple enough for novices, but experts will appreciate the specialty servers such as P2P, Double VPN, and Onion Over VPN.
Use NordVPN to browse safely since it uses 256-bit AES encryption and has a strict no-logs policy. DNS and IPv6 leak protection, also a kill switch, are all included.
With NordVPN apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and Android TV (AndroidTV), you may secure up to six devices at the same time. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available. Manual installation is required when using compatible routers.
Surfshark is a simple VPN that has a rapidly expanding network of servers (currently around 3,200 in 65 countries). Naturally, this includes some in Tokyo, so you shouldn’t have any trouble getting one. Even though this is one of the more expensive VPNs, it’s also among the quickest.
In our tests, it averaged 71 Mbps. Unthrottled bandwidth and rarely blocked geo-restricted material are two additional features you can expect. Surfshark is also one of a few providers that allow an unrestricted number of connections per account.
The Surfshark software includes several unique features, such as MultiHop servers, that might interest you. These are Double VPN servers that connect via multiple countries for additional security.
There are also several security measures in place to keep your information safe. These include a no-logs policy, 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, as well as a kill switch. If you have any queries, you can reach out to the company’s support team any time of day or night.
You can download and install programs for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV after signing up. Browser plugins are also available for Chrome and Firefox. Following manual setup, you may connect Surfshark to wireless routers.
VPN Features for Tokyo IP address in Australia
There are several different VPNs on the market, and they’re not all created equal. Some have sluggish servers, others lack in terms of security or software. We utilize an advanced VPN testing approach to make sure we suggest trustworthy VPNs for Tokyo IP addresses in Australia.
A few characteristics we considered while choosing our VPN suggestions are listed below:
- Reliable VPN applications. We check VPNs to make sure that they aren’t leaking IPV6, WebRTC, or DNS. These leaks will make your ISP determine which sites you are checking(and where you’re visiting them from).
- Secure and robust encryption. We check under the shell to ensure that the VPN’s encryption scheme is secure. We search for strong information and control channel parameters, as well as flawless forward secrecy, in both cases.
- Advanced privacy features. It’s also critical that your Virtual private network doesn’t leak your data beyond the secure encrypted channel when you’re torrenting or doing other delicate online activities. We suggest providers with a dedicated automated kill-switch, anonymity, and other security features like Smart DNS service or SOCKS5 proxy. These enhance the VPN’s usefulness and flexibility.
- A strict no logs policy. A secure VPN never checks or store what you perform on the internet, ensuring that no data is stored at any of its servers. This ensures that no one can see your online activities.
- Applications for all the operating systems. You have the right to install and utilize your virtual private network on all the devices you own. Only VPNs that come with apps for macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and as most different platforms as feasible are recommended. This also includes setup instructions for connecting the VPN to wi fi routers, Android TVs, firesticks, game consoles, and other devices.
- Fast speeds. Most VPNs are ineffective at streaming high-definition videos or playing online games with multiple players. We put VPNs through their paces to make sure they have rapid servers that won’t cause buffering or lag when you use them to surf the web privately.
What can I do with a Tokyo IP address in Australia?
Even though there are a few major restrictions on internet content in Japan, the country does have some regionally oriented limits. You might still need to utilize a VPN in Tokyo to access services and websites from the USA or any other country, even though there aren’t many significant restrictions.
Because of copyright, region-blocked streaming services like BBC iPlayer, Netflix US are not accessible in Japan. You can watch Japanese TV if you go outside of Japan, but you won’t be able to use popular apps like Twitter or Airbnb.
In other words, if you connect to a server in Tokyo rather than somewhere else, you can expect faster surfing speeds. In addition, all of the VPNs reviewed here provide unrestricted bandwidth.
They also ( cipher) encrypt your information and never store any personal records. This simply makes you access Japanese content from any place in the world without worrying about the prying eyes seeing what you’re doing online.
Tokyo IP address FAQs
Is it possible to use a VPN to get a Tokyo IP address in Australia?
It’s not a great approach to use a free-of-cost VPN in the USA to get a Tokyo IP address in Australia or anywhere else. There are several problems with this.
To begin, most free VPNs do not have servers in Tokyo or Japan. Because they’ll have a quite limited number of servers, probably, the majority of their dedicated IPs are blocked by famous services and sites. This makes bypassing geo-restricted material with free-of-cost VPNs, particularly challenging.
When you use free VPNs, you’ll frequently experience lag and buffering. The huge number of people on every server is partly to blame. As a consequence, while streaming, you’re likely to encounter a large amount of lagging and buffering. A few free VPNs restrict your bandwidth, which is something to be concerned about.
If you care about your web anonymity and privacy, you should not use free VPNs. Because they do not have good security and privacy features, they could even store your browsing information to sell it to 3rd parties.
In our guide, on how to get a Tokyo IP address in Australia or a Japanese IP address. We have discussed the ways you can get a Japanese IP address easily while traveling overseas. In general, we have mentioned the functionalities of VPNs from a trusted company that can let you access Japanese restricted content outside of Japan. A VPN not only just encrypts your data but also helps you to access the web anonymously.