Many people are interested in how to get a Chinese IP address in Australia, but how do you accomplish this? The answer is with a VPN. A VPN will allow you to hide your location and gain access to the Chinese internet without any hassle.
This guide will show how it’s done in an easy step-by-step process! If you’re traveling outside of the Chinese region and need to see content created there, you’ve undoubtedly run into numerous streaming services and websites that block access to their material.
China’s strict internet censorship regime has resulted in the country being walled off from much of the world’s web traffic. Virtual private networks (VPNs) can assist you to access region-restricted services outside of China. Typically, these services scan to notice if the user’s IP address is from a particular nation.
If you don’t have an account, for example, because you’re in China but not a premium subscriber, then you won’t be able to access the service. Nonetheless, if you connect to a Virtual private network, your IP address will be changed to one from another country. Outside of China, geo-restricted services such as iQiyi, CNTV, etc.
Your (ISP) and the state authorities can see what exactly you do online, believe it or not. You can use a VPN to route your traffic via servers in a different country, avoiding any surveillance systems that may be in location and permitting you to surf the internet without fear of who is watching. For more details on IP addresses read our guide on How to find your IP address.
How to get a Chinese IP address in Australia
Getting a Chinese IP address in Australia with the appropriate VPN takes only a few moments.
- In 5 simple steps, here’s how to get a Chinese IP address in Australia:
- First and foremost, join one of the following VPNs (particularly CyberGhost) to begin.
- Follow the instructions below to install and use the VPN software on your computer. There will be many different versions available, so make sure you select the correct one for your machine or OS.
- Connect to an available Chinese server.
- Visit a restricted Chinese website. It must be accessible right now.
- If that doesn’t work, you may usually correct most problems by emptying your browser’s cache and cookies, then refreshing the page.
Finding the most effective VPNs for getting a Chinese IP address in Australia
Most big VPNs don’t enable access to Chinese servers because of China’s stringent data-retention regulations and the potential for government meddling. It doesn’t imply you should accept whatever bargain you can get; we’ll only suggest high-quality VPNs that fulfill all of the requirements below:
- At least one server in China.
- Encryption that is both strong and uncrackable and includes a variety of other security features.
- Provides consistent, high-speed connections.
- There is no personally identifiable information in the logs.
- All the major operating systems are supported by this software.
Short on time?
If you’re in a rush, here’s a brief rundown of the top VPNs for getting a Chinese IP address in Australia:
- CyberGhost: Our top pick for getting a Chinese IP address in Australia. It offers fast servers, good unblocking capabilities, and a 45-day money-return promise.
- Hotspot Shield: This is the most cost-effective solution. Hotspot Shield is quick enough for smooth streaming and provides an easy method to get a Chinese IP address outside of China.
- Ivacy: A zero-logs VPN that is security conscious and fast.
- HideMyAss: An outstanding VPN with excellent security, adequate unblocking capacity, and the potential to provide you with a Chinese IP address where ever you currently reside.
Most suitable VPNs for getting a Chinese IP address in Australia
Have a peek below to learn which VPNs provide the most Chinese IP addresses in Australia:
CyberGhost is a simple and quick virtual private network with around 6,900 plus servers in 89 locations worldwide, and almost 10 in China working 24/7 right now.
It’s great at unblocking restricted streaming platforms, so you’ll be able to utilize all of your regular Chinese apps while traveling. This service also permits you to protect up to 7 devices at the same time.
By default, all of the security functions of this service are activated. 256-bit encryption, protection against IPV6 and DNS leaks, a dedicated automated kill switch, and are just a few of the features that are enabled.
There’s also a functionality that lets you automatically block advertisements and search for malware. CyberGhost is an excellent VPN for privacy and security.
It gives you full online anonymity and protects your data from hackers, identity thieves, and snooping governments. There are a few noteworthy features that make CyberGhost stand out from the competition:
CyberGhost has apps for macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and Windows.
BEST FOR CHINESE CONTENT: CyberGhost is our top pick. It’s quick, secure, and has single-click bypassing for a variety of streaming services. It also arrives with 45-day money-return guarantee, so you can test it out risk-free.
- Multiple quick servers available all over the world
- Unblocks a wide range of geo-restricted material, making it easier than ever to access content that is inaccessible in your region.
- They don’t keep user data logs and they have excellent security.
- Advanced users who need more control may not get enough from it.
The number of servers with Hotspot Shield is over 1,800 in 79+ places, making it simple to unblock restricted services from across the world. There’s also no need to be concerned regarding extreme buffering or lag because the speeds are consistently high. An affordable choice to get a Chinese IP address in Australia.
The extensive network of servers offers you exceptional speed, allowing you to stream video and download files without interruption. You can link up to 5 devices at the same time with this VPN, making it ideal for individuals who want to watch videos securely anywhere.
With this service, you can browse the web without fear of being tracked. To protect your network traffic all the time, it uses DNS leak protection and 256-bit encryption.
There’s also a dedicated kill switch feature in the desktop app that intercepts all data transmission during connection failure. Hotspot Shield doesn’t record any privately identifiable data.
VPNs, such as Hotspot Shield, are available for iOS, Linux, macOS, Windows, and Android.
GREAT BUDGET OPTION: Our top affordable alternative is Hotspot Shield, which lets you access websites like Youku in a different country quickly and securely. This Virtual Private Network is secure, and fast, and also it comes with a 45-day money-return guarantee.
- Fast and consistent download rates.
- Unblocks popular streaming services.
- Extremely secure encryption.
- There are no options for paying anonymously.
Ivacy has over 1,000 servers in 50+ locations, with two of them being Beijing and Shanghai. Because this service works with the most difficult to bypass platforms (like Netflix) on the market, the majority of the Chinese services should not be a problem.
Additionally, because there’s no limit to the amount of bandwidth or stable fast-speed connections available, you may watch at the best possible resolution.
The privacy and security of our users are extremely important to us. It uses 256-bit encryption, WebRTC, IPV6, DNS leak prevention, and a dedicated automated kill switch to guarantee that your activities remain private.
The strict no-logs policy of Ivacy ensures that your IP address will never be recorded. Furthermore, once connected, you are untrackable because of the firm’s strict no-logs policy. For even greater privacy, you may pay in Cryptocurrency with 24/7 assistance available by live chat if there are any issues.
Ivacy supports Android, macOS, Windows, and iOS OS.
STREAM SECURELY: In a matter of seconds, Ivacy can provide you with a Chinese IP address in Australia. It’s one of the most secure and private VPNs out there, with the ability to bypass numerous global streaming services. Furthermore, Ivacy offers a 30-day money-back assurance.
- There are no logs kept by it.
- The service is incredibly quick.
- Advanced security features
- Access to Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and other streaming services is fully secure.
- Support via live chat is unable to answer technical inquiries.
HideMyAss may not have the most servers (approximately 1,000) in the industry, but it does provide service in more than 270 plus countries.
With ease, this VPN unblocks streaming services like YOUKU and Chinese Television, while it is quick enough to stream high-definition videos.
HideMyAss is excellent for anybody wanting to secure all the frequently-accessed gadgets at once, with up to five connections possible per account.
The VPN software provides several security options, including a dedicated kill switch, IP address shuffler, 256-bit encryption, and security against DNS and IPV6 leaks.
The program does not save any logs. However, its privacy statement may need some improvement; the user’s virtual private network IP address, linkage duration, and data transfer amount are kept for 3 months. You can get support by chatting with a live representative 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This VPN runs on Mac, Android, Windows, and iOS iPhones. Although, manual configuration is required for wireless routers.
FAST SPEED BROWSING: HideMyAss has live Chinese television in HD, which you may watch from any place. It also includes strong security features and a 30-day money-return assurance.
- For streaming, decent speeds are required.
- Ability to unblock quickly
- Features that guarantee the security
- There’s no option to pay with cryptocurrency.
- More information is recorded than we’d want.
Free VPN for Chinese IP Address in Australia
Using a free VPN to acquire a Chinese IP address in Australia will be very difficult because of the shortage of providers that are still working in China.
Even if you discover a free VPN service that works, there’s a good chance you’ll encounter other problems such as sluggish speeds, high lag, or the inability to access Chinese streaming services.
There’s also the issue of security: free VPNs, after all, come with a lot of risks. According to a 2016 survey of around 180 plus free VPN applications, almost 40% included viruses.
Worse even, nearly 20% never manipulated any encryption protocol at all, implying that they provided no additional protection for their users.
We’ve also witnessed major VPNs like Hola sell user bandwidth to power a botnet, which sadly isn’t specified to smaller services. Choosing a trustworthy virtual private network with a customer-first security policy is the greatest way to safeguard your privacy when surfing the web.
Is it possible to watch Chinese TV abroad with a VPN?
Yes. Most Chinese online streaming sites will not be able to detect that you’re in a different country once you’ve connected to a Chinese VPN server. This means that you’ll be capable to enjoy programs on sites such as Youku, iQiYi, and Tencent Video when outside of China.
Some services employ more stringent geo-blocking measures. A VPN, for example, won’t satisfy if your payment procedure is associated with a local address, or you must supply identification during registration.
China’s Internet restrictions
China has strict internet policies. Although the majority of the VPNs will even enable you to visit restricted websites while linked to a Chinese VPN server, some may not. Because of this, we’ve compiled a list of the types of websites and services that are currently prohibited in China:
- Social media platforms ( Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
- Google and Bing are some of the most popular search engines.
- Signal, WhatsApp, and Telegram are all examples of messaging services.
It is often very difficult to get a Chinese IP address but in our guide on how to get a Chinese IP address in Australia, we have discussed some ways through which you can easily get a Chinese IP address in Australia. It is always the best approach to use a VPN on public networks. Moreover, due to the Chinese government restrictions, most users can’t get a trusted VPN but don’t worry the VPNs mentioned in the guide works fine in are good at getting the Chinese IP address in no time.